Aruba Resort Bucuti & Tara LEEDs with Sustainability & Customer Experience
Sustainability is important far beyond luxury travel. Bucuti & Tara is a fantastic, green luxury Aruba resort that is doing their part to help save our planet. They are the only Caribbean resort with 4 green certifications: LEED Silver, Green Globe, ISO 14001 and Travelife Gold. Bucuti is the only resort in the Caribbean with a LEED Silver certification. The amazing thing about this Aruba resort is that if you remove all of these accolades, it’s still an impressive resort. Adding all of the planet saving actions elevates Bucuti to a smart choice if you are looking for an Aruba resort.
Bucuti owner Ewald Biemans is an environmentalist who extends his care of Aruba outside the resort walls. For example, he and his team get together often for beach cleaning sessions that clean up Aruba and also allows them to patrol how the warm waters of Aruba are effecting the area. The really magnificent part is that guests also get in on helping with the beach sweeps. Bucuti’s 14 acres of beautiful white sand is in great hands with an Aruba resort that is conscious of keeping it clean and keeping it sustainable. Biemans is a visionary in sustainable tourism, and has been the most prolific steward of Aruba’s community for the environment. They go far beyond towel and electricity saving programs, and have made significant investments in eco-technologies and systems, as well as environmentally safe products. Some other examples include:
- Switching to greener, eco-friendly types of paper for its resort marketing materials, by which Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts have been able to save 82 trees, as well as reduce waste water by 37,617 gallons, solid waste by 2,315 lb and greenhouse gases by 7,936 lb.
- Ensuring they have the lowest per-occupied-room electricity usage of all hotels in Aruba. (Source: Central Bank of Aruba study by Deloitte)
- Reducing their carbon footprint by sourcing local suppliers and products made on Aruba.
- Solar panels heating water for guest rooms and the laundry.
- Water reducers, which cut down water flow by 60% in all showers and faucets, and low-flow toilets.
- Sink and shower water treated and reused in the gardens.
- Bulk purchasing and use of in-room dispensers delivering genuine Aruba Aloe freshly made shampoos, conditioners and lotions instead of individual packages in plastic containers.
- Using bio-degradable and environmentally friendly detergents.
- “Pack with a Purpose” program helps get supplies for local Aruba schools.
One Bucuti & Tara guest favorite is the way they encourage you to not purchase plastic water bottles by giving each guest a free, really cool refillable water canteen as a gift. See if you can spot them in this 3D virtual tour we produced of one of their gorgeous oceanfront suites.